Are you looking for the best places to eat in Chattanooga with kids?
Chattanooga, Tennessee is a super family friendly city with lots of activities and restaurants.
Whether you are looking for dining options near downtown, restaurants with a view, or places with outdoor seating, Chattanooga provides plenty of choices.
In this post, I will detail my family’s top picks for best kid friendly restaurants in Chattanooga.
I’ll also note those restaurants that provide outdoor seating while providing some great options for ice cream and dessert!
Kid Friendly Restaurants in Chattanooga with a View
Chattanooga, Tennessee is fondly referred to as the Scenic City because it offers incredible views of Lookout Mountain and the Tennessee River.
If you are looking for the best places to eat in Chattanooga with a view, these are my top picks.
On Lookout Mountain
You will find many dining options located near Lookout Mountain, but Cafe 7 boasts the BEST view. Cafe 7 is located inside the popular tourist site, Rock City Gardens.
So, you will need to purchase admission to visit this family friendly restaurant. Cafe 7 offers outdoor dining right on top of Lookout Mountain.
Here, you can overlook the view of seven states as you dine.
Not only is this restaurant perfect for families with kids, but it is also dog friendly. In fact, you can view the menu for Cafe 7 online to see they even offer items for pets to enjoy!
It is important to note that the hours for Cafe 7 change with the seasons. So, make sure you check out their hours of operation before you visit.
On the River
- Boathouse Rotisserie and Raw Bar– The Boathouse in Chattanooga is located right on the Tennessee River. It provides seafood and other great options. Since the Boathouse sits on the Riverwalk, you can stroll along the pathway by the river after you dine. The Boathouse offers both indoor seating and outdoor seating on its covered patio.
- Lakeshore Grille– If you are looking for a casual restaurant in Chattanooga, Lakeshore Grille is a great option! Since it sits right on Lakeshore Marina, you will notice lots of diners visit directly after parking their boats for the day. Lakeshore Grille offers amazing views of Chickamauga Lake from both inside the restaurant and outside on the covered patio.
With View of the Walking Bridge
- Brewhaus Bar– Another casual restaurant for families in Chattanooga is Brewhaus Bar. Located just across from downtown and near Coolidge Park, Brewhaus offers beautiful views of the Walnut Street Bridge. This dining option serves German-American food. Brewhaus provides both indoor and outdoor seating. If you are visiting with babies or toddlers, note that the tables and chairs on the outdoor patio are bar height.
- Toto Sushi and Grill– Toto sits near Brewhaus Bar and also overlooks Coolidge Park and the Walking Bridge. Serving authentic Japanese food and sushi, Toto provides delicious cuisine along with its amazing views. Toto offers outdoor seating in addition to dining inside the restaurant. Although, space is limited on the patio. Note that the outdoor dining space is not covered, and it can get quite hot in the summertime.
Kid Friendly Places to Eat Downtown Chattanooga
If you are planning a family vacation to the Chattanooga area, you will undoubtedly want to spend time downtown at the Tennessee Aquarium or other nearby attractions.
Below are my top picks for best kid friendly restaurants in downtown Chattanooga:
Near the Aquarium
- Tony’s Pasta Shop and Trattoria– If you are looking for an Italian restaurant in Chattanooga, Tony’s Pasta Shop and Trattoria is the perfect place to dine with kids. Located in Chattanooga’s Bluff View Art District, Tony’s provides both indoor and outdoor seating in a super cute, trendy area of downtown. Mom Tip: After enjoying a meal at Tony’s, stroll over to Rembrandt’s Coffee House for some delicious dessert options!
Near The Chattanooga Choo Choo
One of the most popular downtown hotels, The Chattanooga Choo Choo, is home to some of the best places to eat with kids. Below are my top picks for restaurants near this historic hotel.
Mom Tip: After you enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants listed below, walk across the street to Hot Chocolatier for some yummy chocolate treats that kids love!
The Terminal Brewhouse– The Terminal Brewhouse is located right next door to the Chattanooga Choo Choo and is a very simple walk for families. Their diverse menu offers foods for even the pickiest of eaters. The Terminal Brewhouse offers both indoor and outdoor seating. It’s a super casual restaurant that is both kid and dog friendly.Unfortunately, The Terminal Brewhouse has permanately closed.
- STIR– STIR is located right on the property of the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel. It offers both indoor and outdoor dining for guests. STIR is a bit less casual than The Terminal Brewhouse; although, it is still kid friendly. If you are looking for a restaurant for brunch in Chattanooga, STIR is a really popular choice as it offers delicious breakfast food options.
More Family Restaurants in Downtown Chattanooga
The restaurants included below are two of my family’s favorites and deserve to be mentioned as the best places to eat in Chattanooga.
- Urban Stack– If you are searching for the best burger in Chattanooga, you have to check out Urban Stack. Located near the Chattanooga Choo Choo (although not quite as near as the above mentioned restaurants), Urban Stack provides both indoor and outdoor seating.
- Public House– Public House is located in downtown Chattanooga and is a super cute, trendy place to eat with your family. Offering both indoor and outdoor dining, Public House provides an awesome kids’ menu complete with a treat. They even cut up the grapes they serve to kids, which helps make dining with a toddler much easier!
Best Places to Eat with Kids in the NorthShore
Downtown Chattanooga offers lots of great restaurants for kids, but if you cross the river into the NorthShore area you will find even more places to eat.
- Il Primo– Il Primo is a restaurant in the NorthShore that serves Italian food. It’s a really cute, trendy place to eat with both indoor and outdoor seating. However, it is important to note that the patio has limited seating. Mom Tip- Walk over to Riverview Park after your meal to let the kids burn off some energy on the fun playground!
- Food Works– Food Works is located in Chattanooga’s NorthShore near Whole Foods Market. Providing both indoor and outdoor seating, Food Works offers delicious food options for lunch and dinner, but brunch is an especially great time to dine. Mom Tip- After dinner, walk across the street to the cardboard hill where kids love sledding down the massive hill on boxes.
- Good Dog– Who doesn’t love a good hotdog!? Good Dog offers hot dogs with all sorts of toppings in a prime location in the NorthShore. They even have vegan options on the menu! Good Dog is a super casual restaurant that is easily accessed from Coolidge Park. Mom Tip- After your meal, head over to Clumpies for some hand scooped ice cream in really unique (and tasty) flavors!
- Taco Mamacita– Taco Mamacita is one of my family’s favorite places to eat in Chattanooga. Offering both indoor and outdoor seating, Taco Mamacita serves Mexican food that could be considered more Tex-Mex than authentic. The really unique taco and entree options help make Taco Mamacita a really popular restaurant, so they often have a wait during prime dining times. Mom Tip- After your meal, stroll over to Milk and Honey for some gelato and coffee. You won’t be disappointed!
- The Daily Ration– The Daily Ration is a locally owned farm to table restaurant in Chattanooga’s NorthShore. Although they have limited hours, Daily Ration offers delicious food options at dinner and brunch. You will find seating available indoors and outdoors on the massive fenced in patio. My kids love to run and play in the open space outside after eating.
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que– Located near Whole Foods Market, Edley’s provides really tasty BBQ selections that kids and adults love. This super casual restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating. Edley’s is also known for offering a really great brunch! Mom Tip- After dining at Edley’s stroll over to Frios for some gourmet popsicles!
Healthy Restaurants with Vegan Options
My husband has dietary restrictions and prefers to eat plant based foods. The following restaurants are his go-to places to eat in Chattanooga for gluten free and vegan meals.
- Sluggo’s Cafe– Sluggo’s Cafe is located in Chattanooga’s NorthShore and serves lots of vegetarian and vegan options for diners. This casual restaurant is a great choice for those families looking for a plant based meal.
- Cashew– Cashew is located within easy access of Coolidge Park in Chattanooga’s NorthShore. Serving vegetarian and vegan options, Cashew is one of my family’s top picks for dining in Chattanooga. Insider Tip- Try the Jackfruit Nachos as an appetizer. You won’t be disappointed!
Final Thoughts on Kid Friendly Restaurants in Chattanooga
Chattanooga is a great city for families, and it features plenty of kid-friendly restaurants to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for healthy restaurants or kid friendly places to eat downtown with a view, the dining options in our list provide something for all palates!
We hope you and your little ones enjoy them on your family vacation to Chattanooga!
What is your favorite family restaurants in Chattanooga?
Comment below to share it with us!
↓↓ Pin This for Later ↓↓